For uploading videos in a discussion board, it is best to upload the video in Panopto first, and then share the video in Canvas. Please follow the steps below on how to upload a video in Panopto and post the Panopto video in a discussion board.
Upload the video in Panopto
2. Once you’re signed in, click the Create button at the top of the page.
3. Select Upload Media.
4. In the pop-up window that appears, drag and drop the video file(s) or click inside of the box to select the file from your computer.
5. Wait for Uploading to finish. Once Upload is complete, close the pop-up window.
Change the video’s Share settings
The next step is to make sure that the Share settings set correctly so the instructor and other students can watch the video.
1. In your My Folder, hover over the video you want to share and click on the Share icon.
2. Under Who Has Access, the selection should be changed from “Specific People” to “Anyone in the organization with the link“
Share the video in a discussion board
1. Back in Canvas, locate the discussion board you need to post the video in and click Reply. From the Rich Content Editor, click the Panopto Recordings option under the More Tools icon.
2. In the window that appears, select the radio button beside the video you want to include in your post and click the Insert button. If you are not seeing the video, click the folder dropdown list and locate the folder you saved the video in.
3. Once the video gets added in the Rich Content Editor, scroll down and click the Post Reply button.