Zoom for Instructors
There are two ways to schedule and share Zoom meeting links with students.
Posting meeting links in Canvas
1. Sign in to your Zoom account and schedule the meeting.
2. Copy the meeting URL and post it in your Canvas course.
You can post this meeting link via Canvas announcements, modules or pages.
Using the Zoom Integrations in Canvas
The Zoom integrations allow both instructors and students to access Zoom meetings scheduled for a specific course.
Note: Only meetings created within the Canvas course Zoom link are available to students.
1. Sign in to the Canvas course site.
2. Enable the integration from Settings–>Navigation–>Enable “Zoom UMsystem”.
3. Click on the “Schedule a New Meeting” button.
4. Typing the meeting topic and choose meeting options. Watch the video below for details.
NOTE: If you would like to schedule a persistent meeting with no time limit, check the Recurring meeting box and choose No Fixed Time.
5. Click “Save”.
Retrieve Meeting Info
Students enrolled in this course will be able to see the meeting and join by the start time. The meeting link and invitation info can be shared with people outside of the class, such as guest speakers.
- In the “Upcoming Meetings” tab, click on the meeting name.
- You will find the meeting link as below.Click Copy the Invitation to reveal more meeting details, including call-in numbers.
Office of the Provost
Administrative Center, Room 300G
5115 Oak St.
Kansas City, MO 64110
© 2019 Curators of the University of Missouri | Disability Resources | DMCA Policy | email@example.com
UMKC is an equal opportunity/access/affirmative action/pro-disabled and veteran employer.