Process Panopto Video Captions
Note: Sessions recorded after 12/17/2016 should skip to Importing Automatic Captions in Panopto
- Log-in to https://umkc.hosted.panopto.com using your SSO.
- Locate the course folder associated with the video you want to caption. Open the folder by selecting it.
- On the left-hand side of your screen, your course recordings will appear. Hover over the title of the video you would like to caption. A contextual menu will appear including Settings, Share, Edit, Stats, and Delete.
- Select “Settings.”
- A pop-up will now appear. Select “Search” in the left-hand menu bar.
- Under the “Smart Search” heading, select the “Process” link.
- Note: If your recording contains a “Reprocess” link, select that link now.
- In a few minutes, machine-generated captions will be completed for your recording and the option for “Import automatic captions” will be available in the editor.
- Note: Processing time depends on the length of the video. It may take a day or two for processing to be completed.
- Proceed to Import Automatic Captions for Your Panopto Video.
For additional help with Panopto, visit their dedicated support page.
Office of the Provost
Administrative Center, Room 300G
5115 Oak St.
Kansas City, MO 64110