Move Panopto Videos from Blackboard to Canvas
Step 1: Enable Panopto in Canvas
This step creates a new Panopto folder for your Canvas course.
- Log-in to Canvas (https://umkc.instructure.com/)
- Enter your Canvas course.
- Select Settings at the bottom of the left-hand menu.
- Select the Navigation tab at the top of of the page.
- Scroll through the list until you see Panopto Recordings.
- Select the three dots to the right of the Panopto Recordings button.
- Select +Enable.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Save.
Step 2: Copy the Recordings
- Log-in to UMKC’s Blackboard page.
- Enter your Blackboard course.
- Select the Panopto Video link in the left-hand menu.
- Select the arrow in the upper, right-hand corner of the Panopto screen. This will open UMKC’s Panopto website in a new tab.
- Select the checkbox next to each recording you want to move or copy. You may also select the check box at the top of the page next to Sort By to select all of the recordings in the folder.
- Note: There may be more than one page of recordings. Selecting Results Per Page at the bottom of your screen will show up to 250 recordings. If you have more than 250 recordings, they will have to be moved in separate batches.
- Select Move.
- Note: ITS suggests moving Panopto videos from previous to current semesters rather than copying. This will keep Panopto recording links placed content areas stay intact.
- A Move Session(s) pop-up will appear. Using the drop-down menu at the top of the pop-up, locate your Canvas course where you would like to move the recordings.
- Note: You can type in the drop-down bar to search for your course.
- Select the Move button in the top, right-hand corner of the window.
- You will receive confirmation that the action is complete when you see Done at the top of the window.
Step 3: Confirm the Move
- Log back into Canvas (https://umkc.instructure.com/)
- Re-enter your Canvas course.
- Select Panopto Recordings in the left-hand menu.
- Note: If Panopto Recordings is not available in your left-hand menu. Please review the instructions on how to manage your course navigation links.
- Confirm that all recordings are visible.
Office of the Provost
Administrative Center, Room 300G
5115 Oak St.
Kansas City, MO 64110
© 2019 Curators of the University of Missouri | Disability Resources | DMCA Policy | firstname.lastname@example.org
UMKC is an equal opportunity/access/affirmative action/pro-disabled and veteran employer.