Import Automatic Captions
Import Automatic Captions for Your Panopto Video
- Go to https://umkc.hosted.panopto.com and log-in using your SSO.
- Locate the course folder associated with the video you want to caption. Open the folder by selecting it.
- On the left-hand side of your screen, your course recordings will appear. Hover over the title of the video you would like to caption. A contextual menu will appear including Settings, Share, Edit, Stats, and Delete.
- Select “Edit.”
- A pop-up will now appear. Select “Captions” in the left-hand menu bar.
- You should now see an Import captions drop down menu. Click on the drop-down menu.
- If no captions currently exist for this session, import automatic captions by clicking “Import automatic captions.”
- Note: This is what the drop-down menu will look like if captions do exist for the session.
- Once you’ve imported your captions, select “Publish” on the top, right-hand side of the Editor to save your changes.
For additional help with Panopto, visit their dedicated support page.
Office of the Provost
Administrative Center, Room 300G
5115 Oak St.
Kansas City, MO 64110