Creating quizzes in Panopto
Adding quizzes to Panopto videos is one way to keep viewers engaged with video content and insert comprehension checks at various points throughout a video. To add quizzes to a Panopto video, use the steps outlined below.
- Open your video in the Panopto editor.
- Select Quizzing in the left Navigation pane.
- Using the Pointer tool, navigate in the Timeline to where you want to put a quiz.
- Select the Add a Quiz button. The quiz form will appear in your secondary stream area.
- The form has several different fields, including Quiz Name, Question, Answers, and Correct Answer Explanation.
- Within the form, you can select the drop-down menu in the top right corner to show different types of quiz questions. The question options include True/False, Multiple Choice, and Multiple Select. The default is multiple choice.
- Enter the text of the question along with potential answers in the appropriate text fields. When you have your potential answers added, you must choose a correct answer by selecting the circle next to the correct answer.
- Once you are done with a question and want to add another one, click the Add a Question button at the bottom of the form.
- If you need to navigate to a different question in your quiz, you can use the Back and Next buttons at the bottom of the form.
- Once you have added all of your questions, select the Done button at the bottom of the form.
- You will then be directed to the Options page for this quiz where you can adjust the following options:
- Allow retakes.
- Show grade once the quiz is taken (if this is enabled, you can also allow review of correct answers and explanations).
- Block your viewers from advancing the video until the quiz is answered.
- Delete questions by choosing the Xs.
- Reorganize the questions by using the arrows.
- Once you are finished, select the Save button. The name of your quiz will now appear in the Quizzing pane.
- Repeat steps 2 through 11 for each quiz you want to add to your video.
- When you are finished adding quizzes to the video, select the Publish button located in the top, right-hand corner of the page.
During playback, the video will pause when it is time for a quiz and remain paused until the questions are answered.
Office of the Provost
Administrative Center, Room 300G
5115 Oak St.
Kansas City, MO 64110
© 2019 Curators of the University of Missouri | Disability Resources | DMCA Policy | firstname.lastname@example.org
UMKC is an equal opportunity/access/affirmative action/pro-disabled and veteran employer.