- Log in to Canvas and navigate to the course where you want to create an assignment based on a Panopto quiz.
- Select Assignments in the left-hand course navigation menu. Then select the +Assignments button in the top right-hand corner.
- Provide a title for the assignment and indicate the point value.
- Select the External Tool options for Submission type, check Load Tool in a New Tab, and then select the Panopto Quiz Tool from the Find button menu.
- This will pop up the embedded upload control and you can select the Panopto video you want to set as the assignment. Once selected, choose Insert and proceed to the next step.
- Set the Due date (if necessary) along with any Available from or Available until dates (if necessary) and select either Save for later editing or Save & Publish so students may view the assignment and complete it.
Once the assignment is saved, it will be listed on the Assignments page and be edited by the instructor. Once published, the Panopto quiz may be completed by students. If you have multiple Panopto quizzes created in a single Panopto video, the scores will be combined into one score and tracked as one assignment in Canvas as opposed to a separate score and assignment for each quiz within the video.
Office of the Provost
Administrative Center, Room 300G
5115 Oak St.
Kansas City, MO 64110