Creating and Uploading Panopto Videos to Canvas
This guide will show students how to create and share Panopto videos in their Canvas course.
- To access Panopto, navigate in your browser to: https://umkc.hosted.panopto.com/
- Select “Canvas” from the “Sign in using” dropdown box. Click “Sign in.”
- Enter your UMKC Single Sign On (SSO) username and password and click “Login.”
- Click the green “Create” button at the top of the page, and select “Record a new session.”
- If necessary, install the Panopto application on your computer using the provided installers. Once installed, click “Launch Panopto.”
- Consult the appropriate guide for directions on using the Panopto recorder application:
- Once the video is complete, return to Panopto and select the “Share” button by hovering over your video.
- Confirm that the “Who has access” field is set to one of the following: Anyone at your organization with the link, Anyone at your organization, or Anyone with the link.
- Copy the link from the link field. Paste this link into your assignment in Canvas.
Office of the Provost
Administrative Center, Room 300G
5115 Oak St.
Kansas City, MO 64110