All Kaltura players that use the Kaltura Player Toolkit are now 508 compliant by default and are based on on W3C Accessible Rich Internet Applications (WAI-ARIA). The screen reader includes friendly markup and testing controls. The player uses HTML controls even when using Flash for video on older browsers.
Kaltura Player v2 delivers a great keyboard input experience for users unable to use a mouse and a seamless browser-managed experience for better integration with web accessibility tools. The player also includes keyboard shortcuts for all main player functions and player plug-ins.
The Kaltura Player v2 features include:
- Screen reader support ( fully tested against JAWS limited testing with others)
- HTML5; all UI components are in accessible HTML
- Multi-audio track support (see How to add an audio description track to the Kaltura V2 Player for details)
- Tab index for all user interactive components
- Tab into and tab out of player HTML role markups and area-labels for all controls, including sliders used for playhead scrubber and volume control
- Keyboard short cut controls matching internet video player pseudo standard ( youtube ), with enhancements around rate control and support for custom mapping arbitrary notifications ( easily making plugins accessible )
Default Keyboard Mappings
The following table lists the default keyboard mappings:
|Keyboard Shortcut||Action (the seekbar should be selected)|
|Left / Right arrow||Jump back / ahead 5 seconds in the current video|
|Home / End||Seek to the beginning / last seconds of the video|
|Spacebar||Play / Pause|
|Numbers 1 to 9||
Seek to the 10% to 90% of the video
|Number 0  +-||
Seek to the beginning of the video
Office of the Provost
Administrative Center, Room 300G
5115 Oak St.
Kansas City, MO 64110