Full Campus Support
Educational Technologies provides full support for enabling and using these tools within the Canvas LMS. These tools are presently installed and available throughout our Canvas Instance.
- Foliotek – eportfolio system with tools to perform competency based assessments, build incremental eportfolios.
- Kaltura – instructor and student media storage for classes
- Panopto – video/screen capture for lectures and short lessons/tutorials (will replace Tegrity)
- Respondus Lock Down Browser – a custom browser that locks down tests within Canvas to prevent students from accessing other webpages or materials
- Top Hat – adopt, adapt, or author OER textbooks and materials with interactive exercises for either homework or classroom use
- Turnitin – check for plagiarism and intellectual property issues with student papers
- VoiceThread – tool to allow users to have conversations around a piece of media
- Zoom – synchronous video conferencing for classes and office hours
Limited Campus Support
These tools are available for use in Canvas. Instructional Design and Technology assists with enabling the tools in Canvas sites. Technical support for using the tool should be directed to the vendor or appropriate UMKC department. Instructors may add these tools to their Canvas sites on the Apps tab in the Settings page.
- Box – file storage
- Cengage Mindlinks – e-textbooks and course materials with UMKC’s AutoAccess Program
- LibGuides – search, browse, and add UMKC LibGuides to Canvas
- McGraw-Hill Campus – e-textbooks and course materials with UMKC’s AutoAccess Program
- NetTutor – Online student tutoring in a variety of subjects
- Online Test Proctoring – proctor exams with ProctorU or Examity
- Pearson Direct – e-textbooks and course materials with UMKC’s AutoAccess Program
- Pearson MyLab and Mastering – e-textbooks and course materials with UMKC’s AutoAccess Program
- Redirect Tool – add links within or external to Canvas to course navigation
- Starfish/UMKC Connect – set hours of availability for students to schedule with ease, manage appointments, and record meeting outcomes
- W.W. Norton InQuizitive and Ebooks – e-textbooks and course materials with MU’s AutoAccess Program
- WileyPLUS – e-textbooks and course materials with UMKC’s AutoAccess Program
- VitalSource Bookshelf – e-textbooks with UMKC’s AutoAccess Program
Office of the Provost
Administrative Center, Room 300G
5115 Oak St.
Kansas City, MO 64110