After you upload files in your course, Ally produces an accessibility score for each file. In lessons with multiple files, the accessibility score is shown for each file. In areas where you access files, the accessibility icon is located to the right or left of the file. Select the icon to view information and improve file accessibility.
View file accessibility issues
For files with Low to High scores, Ally shows you the issues and gives a step-by-step guide on how to fix them. Find a file and select the Accessibility score to view the Instructor Feedback panel.
The Instructor Feedback panel provides everything you need to understand and fix the accessibility issues in your file.
- Accessibility score: See the overall score for the entire file.
- All issues: Select All issues to see every issue in the file. This view shows you by how much the score can improve by fixing each issue. Find the issue you want to start fixing and select Fix.
- Description of issue and step-by-step help: See the description for an issue with the file.
- Select What this means to learn more about the issue.
- Select How to and follow the steps to improve the file’s accessibility.
These instructions change depending on the file and the accessibility issues found. For example, with a PDF you may see instructions on how to make the PDF tagged. Select How to Make a PDF Tagged.
- Upload: Upload updated files to replace the existing one.
File accessibility icons are always located next to your file, but the specific location will vary throughout different areas in your course.
The accessibility icon is located to the right of the file in the Accessibility column.
Find the accessibility icon in-line next to the file.
Office of the Provost
Administrative Center, Room 300G
5115 Oak St.
Kansas City, MO 64110